Philadelphia, PA — Diversified Search, among the top ten US executive search firms and the largest US woman-founded and -owned firm, has announced the creation of a Corporate Board of Directors Advisory Group. The Advisory Group will work with Diversified's established Board Practice area and explore the complex issues confronting Boards today, particularly in the area of diversity. Diversified is recognized for delivering high quality corporate Board and senior-level executive searches.
According to Chairman, Founder and CEO Judith M. von Seldeneck, "Diversified has developed a uniquely successful Board search process which we believe will be broadened through dialogue with the distinguished individuals on our newly appointed Corporate Board of Directors Advisory Group." J. Veronica Biggins, a Diversified Managing Director and Head of the Board Practice who serves on two Fortune 500 Boards currently, added, "We are committed to helping clients open up new possibilities by building effective and diverse Boards. The experience, knowledge and skill of the Advisory Group members will undoubtedly be of great assistance in expanding that mission."
Members of the Diversified Advisory Group are:
- Rosalind G. Brewer, President and CEO of Sam’s Club, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. with more than 600 locations nationwide. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for Lockheed Martin Corporation and is Chair of the Board of Trustees for her alma mater, Spelman College.
- Gilbert F. Casellas, non-executive Chairman of OMNITRU, a Washington, DC-based management consulting and investment firm. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Prudential Financial, Inc. and a Trustee of the University of Pennsylvania, where he Chairs its Diversity Committee. He also serves on the Diversity Advisory Board of Toyota Motor North America, on the Joint Diversity Advisory Council of Comcast Corporation where he Chairs the National Hispanic Advisory Council, and on the Board of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute.
- Calvin Darden, Sr., former (retired) Senior Vice President of Operations at UPS, the largest express and package carrier in the world. He serves on the Boards of Directors for Target Corporation, Coca-Cola Enterprises, and Cardinal Health, as well as on the Board of Trustees of the Atlanta Police Foundation.
- Jim Lawrence, Chairman of Rothschild North America, serves on the Board of Directors of International Consolidated Airlines Group, S.A. where he is on the Audit & Compliance Committee and Avnet, Inc. where he is a member of the Compensation and Finance Committees. He is also a member of the Board of Overseers of the Carlson School of the University of Minnesota.
- The Honorable Paula Stern, Founder of The Stern Group, Inc., serving national and multi-national companies and organizations on business, policy and strategic issues. Dr. Stern serves on the Boards of Directors of Avon Products, Inc. and RAC, Inc., and the International Advisory Board of Lafarge. A member of the State Department's Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy, Dr. Stern is on the Executive Committee of the Atlantic Council, as well as the Boards of the Committee for Economic Development, and the Columbia University School of Social Work.
ABOUT DIVERSIFIED SEARCH...
Headquartered in Philadelphia, Diversified Search also has U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., and worldwide in Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and the Americas. Diversified is the exclusive U.S. partner of AltoPartners, the international alliance of independent search firms with offices in 29 countries. The firm focuses in the areas of Life Sciences, Healthcare and Human Services, Consumer and Industrial, Education, Not-For-Profit, Arts and Culture, Financial and Professional Services, Media and Entertainment, Sports, Private Equity, Retail, and Technology. Functional areas of emphasis include Board of Directors, Chief Financial Officers, Diversity, Development and Philanthropy, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Procurement and Supply Chain.